Welcome to EGrAMS!
EGrAMS is an Electronic Grants Administration & Management System utilized by the Illinois Department of Public Health for end-to-end grants management. This tool allows applicants, grantees, and grantors to interact in a web based setting, enabling greater awareness, accountability, and analysis throughout the life cycle of a grant. Please visit the Department’s Funding Opportunities page for announcements of competitive grant opportunities.
**Content Updated May 24, 2016.
The new Illinois Grant Accountability and Transparency Act website is here!! Visit grants.illinois.gov to learn more about GATA, access funding opportunities, and view helpful resources to get you prepared for the new and improved processes. Stay tuned for updates regarding the Grantee Portal and Catalog of State Financial Assistance Opportunities.
Visit the Training Materials section on EGrAMS to access recorded webinars and guides regarding GATA implementation.
Changes to Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 EGrAMS Grant Applications
The following changes have been made in EGrAMS to align with Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) requirements and are effective for all grants posted after April 1, 2016.
- Applicant agencies' DUNS number is now a required entry. Please visit http://www.dnb.com/duns-number.html to obtain a DUNS number if your agency does not already have one.
- Applicants must complete the following fields:
- Department and Division Name
- SAMS CAGE Code (linked to Agency profile), Please visit https://www.sam.gov to obtain a CAGE Code through SAM if your agency does not already have one.
- State-wide applicability for the proposed project (entire state or specific counties)
- Legislative Districts for the applicant agency and the proposed project with checkboxes for each district
- Notice of Funding Opportunity acknowledgement statement (previously RFA acknowledgement)
- Key Grant Contacts
- Applicant is required to enter the following contact types: Program Contact, Business/Administrative Office Contact, and Authorized Official Contact (These may be the same person)
- Expense categories may have been added or removed dependent upon the grant program. Please direct any questions regarding expense category changes to the program contact to accurately complete your budget
- Indirect Cost Section (NEW): If indirect costs are allowed, this new section will be utilized to select the appropriate indirect cost type and rate. Please direct any questions to the program contact.
- This section has been moved to the end of the application and now includes a second page for the required Financial Certification
Application Certification Changes
Effective March 1, 2016, applicants will no longer be required to upload the signed certification page in EGrAMS. Please note that the Certification tab will remain a required component of the application and must be completed, however, the physical Section 8 - Application Certification form will no longer need to be uploaded. Please communicate any questions or comments to the primary contact for your grant program.
EGrAMS User Survey
Help us improve your user experience! Please take our brief EGrAMS User Survey to share your feedback and suggestions for improvements. The survey is available at the link above and after login. Your participation is greatly appreciated.
GATA... Get it Done!
The Journey to Statewide Grant Accountability in Illinois
What is GATA?
The Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA), 30 ILCS 708/1 et seq., is landmark legislation that increases accountability and transparency in the use of grant funds and reduces the administrative burden on both State agencies and grantees through adoption of the federal grant guidance and regulations. Pursuant to this Act, the Grant Accountability and Transparency Unit (GATU) has been established in the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget; GATU is charged with implementation of the Act in coordination with State grant-making agencies and nonprofit organizations in Illinois.
Where are we now?
The Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB) has drafted State rule recommendations based on the federal grant guidance and regulations in 2 CFR Part 200 (Uniform Requirements). Now, the GATU and the supporting workgroups are in the Implementation Phase. Here at IDPH, the EGrAMS application has been modified to conform with the new uniform application requirements. In addition, GATU is offering trainings to both State agencies and Grantees in preparation for GATA implementation. Grantees will be notified via EGrAMS of upcoming training opportunities. As recordings are made avaialble by GATU or IDPH, they will also be added to the Training Materials Section of EGrAMS.
On January 1, 2016, GOMB released the 1st Grant Accountability and Transparency Act Annual Report. The report, available HERE, provides the historical context for the Act as well as updates on the planning process and next steps for implementation. A GATA Frequently Asked Questions document has been added to the Training Materials section. Additional resources will be add to this new section as they are made available.
To learn more, visit the new GATA website, grants.illinois.gov.
Interested in Getting Involved?
If you are a grantee organization who would like to participate in the GATA implementation process please visit the GATA website to access the GATA Subcommittee Volunteer Participation Request Form.
Error Validation: A +Info icon has been added to the error message pop up window. This icon provides additional information regarding the cause and solution for most common errors.
When viewing errors in an application, click the checkbox next to each error code to go to the page with the error.
Training Materials and Reference Guides
Please note that the training materials listed in this section and in the Training Materials screen are the most recent and up to date versions. Please discontinue use of older versions as they may not contain system updates or changes.
- Getting Started in EGrAMS– June 27, 2014
- EGrAMS Instructional Guide: Application Entry and Submission– July 7, 2015
- EGrAMS FAQs and Common Error Message Guide - January 12, 2015
- EGrAMS User Permissions Guide - May 21, 2015
- IDPH Grants Application Stages and Status Key - January 27, 2015
- EGrAMS Amendment and Line Item Transfer Guide for Grantees - July 2, 2015
- EGrAMS QuickStart Guide for Reviewers - May 24, 2016
- GATA Frequently Asked Questions - March 2016
- GATA 101 for Grantees - May 2016
- GATA Pre-Award Phase Training Series - March 9, 2016; also available at grants.illinois.gov.