Welcome to EGrAMS!
EGrAMS is an Electronic Grants Administration & Management System utilized by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for end-to-end grants management. This tool allows applicants, grantees, and grantors to interact in a web based setting, enabling greater awareness, accountability, and analysis throughout the life cycle of a grant.
EGrAMS Updates and Information:
The EGrAMS Homepage is frequently updated with important information and news for IDPH's grantee community. Scroll down for more information on the following key topics:
- Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) Implementation – Updated 12/29/16
- EGrAMS Updates & Changes – Updated 04/01/16
- EGrAMS Helpdesk Tips – Updated 06/14/16
- EGrAMS User Survey - Updated 11/21/16
1. GRANT ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY ACT (GATA) IMPLEMENTATION – Updated 12/29/16
GATA 2016 Annual Report
The Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB) and the Illinois Single Audit Commission (ILSAC) has released the 2016 Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) Annual Report. The annual report represents the culmination of two years of work and provides insights into specific statewide implementation efforts which the Federal Office of Management and Budget has recognized as national promising practice. Click HERE to view the report.
GATA Pre-Award (NEW PROCESS FOR THE STATE OF ILLINOIS)
In alignment with the Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) and Federal Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), grantee entities must complete the below requirements prior to receiving a Fiscal Year 2017 (FY17) grant award from the State of Illinois. This process went live for the State on Monday, June 27, 2016. Visit the Grantee Links tab on grants.illinois.gov to learn more.
There are four (4) Grantee Pre-Award Requirements:
1. Grantee Registration
2. Grantee Pre-Qualification
3. Fiscal and Administrative Risk Assessment/Internal Control Questionnaire
4. Programmatic Risk Assessment
Please view the GATA Pre-Award Requirements and Instructions document in the Training Materials section for details on completing each of the requirements.
**If your organization has not started the registration process, please do so immediately using the following link: https://grants.illinois.gov/registration.**
Centralized Indirect Cost Rate System (NEW PROCESS FOR THE STATE OF ILLINOIS)
In alignment with GATA, the State is launching its Centralized Indirect Cost Rate System on August 1, 2016 to invited grantees. To be invited, grantees must have completed the registration and pre-qualification process, and have an approved Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ). ICQs are approved by the Cognizant Agency.
If your organization has completed the registration process and the ICQ but has not received notification of ICQ approval, please reach out to your Cognizant Agency to determine the status. Grantees will NOT be invited to the Centralized Indirect Cost Rate System until the ICQ is approved by the Cognizant Agency.
- The new Illinois Grant Accountability and Transparency Act website is here!! Visit grants.illinois.gov to learn more about GATA, access funding opportunities, and view helpful resources to get you prepared for the new and improved processes. Stay tuned for updates regarding the Grantee Portal and Catalog of State Financial Assistance Opportunities.
- Visit the Training Materials section on EGrAMS to access GATA resources and recorded webinars.
WHAT IS GATA?
The Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA), 30 ILCS 708/1 et seq., is landmark legislation that increases accountability and transparency in the use of grant funds and reduces the administrative burden on both State agencies and grantees through adoption of the federal grant guidance and regulations.
WHERE ARE WE NOW?
The Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB) has drafted State rule recommendations based on the federal grant guidance and regulations in 2 CFR Part 200 (Uniform Requirements). Now, the State has moved into the Implementation Phase. Here at IDPH, the EGrAMS application has been modified to conform to the new uniform application requirements. In addition, GATU is offering trainings to both State agencies and Grantees in preparation for GATA implementation. Grantees will be notified via EGrAMS of upcoming training opportunities. As recordings are made available by GATU or IDPH, they are added to the Training Materials section of EGrAMS. To learn more, visit the new GATA website, grants.illinois.gov.
2. EGrAMS UPDATES & CHANGES – Updated 04/01/16
FISCAL YEAR 2017 (FY17) GRANT APPLICATION CHANGES
The following changes have been made in EGrAMS to align with Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) requirements and are effective for all grants posted after April 1, 2016.
- Applicant agencies' DUNS number is now a required entry. Please visit http://www.dnb.com/duns-number.html to obtain a DUNS number if your agency does not already have one.
- Applicants must complete the following fields:
- Department and Division Name
- SAMS CAGE Code (linked to Agency profile), Please visit https://www.sam.gov to obtain a CAGE Code through SAM if your agency does not already have one.
- State-wide applicability for the proposed project (entire state or specific counties)
- Legislative Districts for the applicant agency and the proposed project with checkboxes for each district
- Notice of Funding Opportunity acknowledgement statement (previously RFA acknowledgement)
- Key Grant Contacts
- Applicant is required to enter the following contact types: Program Contact, Business/Administrative Office Contact, and Authorized Official Contact (These may be the same person)
- Expense categories may have been added or removed dependent upon the grant program. Please direct any questions regarding expense category changes to the program contact to accurately complete your budget
- Indirect Cost Section (NEW): If indirect costs are allowed, this new section will be utilized to select the appropriate indirect cost type and rate. Please direct any questions to the program contact.
- This section has been moved to the end of the application and now includes a second page for the required Financial Certification
APPLICATION CERTIFICATION UPDATES
Effective March 1, 2016, applicants will no longer be required to upload the signed certification page in EGrAMS. Please note that the Certification tab will remain a required component of the application and must be completed, however, the physical Section 8 - Application Certification form will no longer need to be uploaded. Please communicate any questions or comments to the primary contact for your grant program.
3. HELPDESK TIPS – Updated 06/14/16
A +Info icon has been added to the error message pop up window. This icon provides additional information regarding the cause and solution for most common errors.
When viewing errors in an application, click the checkbox next to each error code to go to the page with the error.
HOW TO USE THE LOOKUP FEATURE
In EGrAMS, users utilize the Lookup Tool to complete search criteria. When searching for an item in the Lookup Tool, you may use the percent sign '%' as a 'wild card' to search. Place it before, after or on both sides of a ward, words, or part of a word. Examples include:
- %Primary' when Primary is the last word
- 'Primary%' when Primary is the first word
- '%Primary%' when Primary is contained in the selection
4. EGrAMS USER SURVEY (11/21/2016)
The EGrAMS User Survey closed November 15, 2016. We look forward to reviewing your feedback and suggestions and making improvements to our system. Thank you for your participation.